Susu Nousala, Founder and Co-President of CSRP Institute, currently Professor at Global Humanistic University (GHU) previously a Professor with D&I, Tongji University, Founder of Creative Systemic Research Platform, developing systemic project based learning programs with international partners. Currently, Susu is also a Professor with Wuhan university of Technology (part time), and previously a Senior Research Fellow at Aalto University, Finland. At Aalto, she lectured for the “creative sustainability program” (CS), was a course developer and project coordinator for Aalto LABs (a CS project). She has also been awarded an honorary Research Fellow at GAMUT, Faculty of Architecture, Building and Planning, University of Melbourne, Australia (current). Susu has been visiting professor at Chiang Mai University (Thailand) with the faculty of Management, business administration, and was as a co-founder and co-director of Kororoit Institute (KI) Melbourne, Australia (KI is interdisciplinary research complex and chaotic systems). Susu has been a Research Fellow at RMIT Design and Social Context, managing/researching for National and International research projects. Previous work and training has included art and cultural material conservation practice for various major cultural institutions Australia, England, France, Holland, USA and Singapore. To date she chaired and co-chaired at numerous international symposiums and conferences, is author and co-author for more than 50 refereed journal, conference papers and book chapters. She has received academic and international awards as an invited guest and keynote speaker. She has been successful in working with many multi-disciplinary teams (securing funding for National/International projects) in many countries including, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, India, Hong Kong, Taiwan, China, Finland, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, North America, Mexico.
Achivements within the CSRP Institute scope
- Coming soon with the relative Projects pages
- Susu Nousala, Kim Blanca Galindo, David Romero, Xin Feng, Pedro Aibeo, “Systemic Preconditions and Ontological Modeling for Periurban Communities”, in press, 18th June, 2020, Journal of Cultural Heritage Management and Sustainable Development, Emerald Publishing, DOI (10.1108/JCHMSD-05-2020-0074),ISSN: 2044-1266.
- Nousala, S;, Cataffo., M,, & Ing, D., (2019). “Data Standards for Computational Ecology: Constraining Soft Sub-Systems to increase Internal Complexity for Community Resilience”, 63rd ISSS 2019 (International Society for the Systems Sciences), Corvallis, OR, USA. Journal.isss.org (ISSN: 1999-6918).
- Jelena Sucic; Susu H. Nousala; Pier Paolo Peruccio. Introduction to: “The Value of Living Systems Beyond a Price.” Art and Design, 2019, 2(3), 66-96, DOI (10.31058/j.ad.2019.22009). link
- Nousala, S., Ing, D., & Jones, P. (2018). Systemic design agendas in education and design research, Formakademisk, 2608, 11 (4).
- Van de Voorde, Marcel. Hydrogen Production and Energy Transition, Chapter 14 Emergent-based well-being design for a hydrogen-based community: social acceptance and societal evolution for novel hydrogen technology, Cheng Yi Heng and Susu Nousala, Berlin, Boston: De Gruyter, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1515/9783110596250
- Nousala, S;, Cataffo., M,, & Ing, D., (2019), “Data Standard For Adaptive Self-Organization”, 2nd IBM Open Tech Conference, 6-7th May, 2019, IBM and VTT, Helsinki, Finland. Publishing link:developer.ibm.com
- Nousala, Susu., “Systems and Education”, International Conference on Landscape Ecology and Urban Sustainability, LEUS, Inner Mongolia, China, 12-13th January, 2019.
- Jelena Sucic, The Value of Living Systems Beyond a Price: New Dynamic Potential for Sustainable Technologies Between Citizens and Plants. Rel. Pier Paolo Peruccio, Susu Helen Nousala. Politecnico di Torino, Corso di laurea magistrale in Design Sistemico, 2019 link
Personal relevant achievements
- Nousala., S. “Collaboration and Sociotechnical Systems—A Question of Context and Framing”, October 2017, DOI: 10.1016/j.sheji.2016.12.003.
- Nousala S., “The Relevance of Scalability and Knowledge Transfer at Local and Global levels”, Journal of Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics (JSCI), Vol. 11 No 6, pp. 75-81.
- Jastroch, N., Kirova, V., Ku, Cyril, S., Mohtashami, M., Marlowe, J. T and Nousala, S., “Inter-organizational Collaboration: Product, Knowledge and Risk”, Journal of Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics (JSCI), Vol. 9 Number 5, pp 30 – 35, 2011.
- Nousala S., “Improving the Peer Review Process: an Examination of Commonalities between Scholarly Societies and Knowledge Networks”, Journal of Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics (JSCI), Vol. 9 Number 4, pp 81 – 86, 2011.
- Nousala S., and Jamsai-Whyte, S., “The value of sustainable knowledge transfer methods for SMEs,utilizing socio-technical networks and complex systems”, Journal of Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics (JSCI), Vol 8, Number 6, pp 40 – 45, 2010.
- Nousala S., and Jamsai-Whyte, S., “SME Knowledge network training: A key to organizational sustainability”, IABE International Academy of Business and Economics Bangkok Summer Conference 2010, International Journal of Strategic Management (IJSM), Vol. 10, Number 1, 2010.
- Nousala S. ““The Sustainable Development of Industry Clusters: Emergent Knowledge Networks and Socio Complex Adaptive Systems”. Journal of Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics, (JSCI) Vol. 7, Number 5, 2009.
- Hall, W., Nousala, S., and Kilpatrick, B., “One company- two outcomes: Knowledge integration vs corporate disintegration in the absence of knowledge management” 2009 Journal VINE – Emerald Group Publishing Limited, Vol. 39 Issue 3 pp. 242-258.
- Nousala, S., Ifandoudas, P., Terziovski, M., Chapman R,. “Process Improvement and ICTs in Australian SMEs: a selection and implementation framework”, Production, Planning & Control, 2008, 19:8, 735-753.
- Nousala, S., John, S. Jamsai, S, “knowledge strategies and implementation in complex organizations: A Thai engineering company case study”, International Journal of Knowledge, Cultural and Change management, Volume 5, Issue 5, 2005a, pp.177-182.
- Hall, P. W., Nousala, S., Best, R and Nair, S., “Social Networking Tools for Knowledge Based Action Groups”, Book chapter, Computational Social Networks: Tools, Perspectives and Applications, Abraham, Ajith; Hassanien, Aboul-Ella (Eds.) 2012, XIII, 470 p. 198 illus, Springer Verlag, London.
- Garduno, C., Nousala, S, and Fuad-Luke, A., “Exploring a poly-disciplinary pedagogy for community wellbeing that evolves through design approaches: Aalto LAB with(in) a Mayan community”, Design for Sustainable Well-being and Empowerment,12-14 June 2014, IISc, Bangalore. Book chapter,
- “Design for Sustainable Well-being and Empowerment: Selected Papers”, May 2015. Publishers IISc Press (978-81-925707-1-6) and TU Delft (978-94-6186-345-4)
- Chantiri, P., Sanchez de la Barquera Estrada, X., Garduno, C., Nousala,. S, and Rojas, O., “Aalto LAB Mexico: Co-Designing to maintain Ecosystem Services”, Design for Sustainable Well-being and Empowerment, 12-14 June 2014, IISc, Bangalore. Book chapter, “Design for Sustainable Well-being and Empowerment: Selected Papers”, May 2015. Publishers IISc Press (978-81-925707-1-6) and TU Delft (978-94-6186-345-4)
- Garduno, C., Nousala, S., Vertiz, J., Calvillo, G., and Barquera la de Sanchez, X,. “Lessons learned when doing things backwards: The case study of Aalto LAB”, Design for Sustainable Well-being and Empowerment, 12-14 June 2014, IISc, Bangalore. Book chapter, “Design for Sustainable Well-being and Empowerment: Selected Papers”, May 2015. Publishers IISc Press (978-81-925707-1-6) and TU Delft (978-94-6186-345-4)
- Nousala S. “Tacit Knowledge Networks: And their implementation in complex organizational structures” publisher VDM Verlang Dr. Muller Aktiengesellshaft & Co. KG, Saarbrucken, Germany, 2010.
- Nousala, S., M. Terziovski, “Development and exploitation of innovation capability at a defence project engineering company (DPEC)”, In Building Innovation Capability in Organizations: An International Cross-Case Perspective, M. Terziovski, Ed., London: Imperial College Press, 2007, 121 – 139
- Jamsai, S., Nousala, S., M. Terziovski, “Development of innovation capability at Invincible Company Thailand”, Building Innovation Capability in Organizations: An International Cross-Case Perspective, M. Terziovski, Ed., London: Imperial College Press, 2007, 177 – 188.
- Marlowe, Thomas, Seton Hall University, USA, and Nousala, Susu, Aalto University, Finland, Plenary Workshop, “Building Working Communities: Exploration, Collaboration & Creativity, 18th World Multi-Conference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics: WMSCI 2014, Plenary Workshop, Orlando Florida USA; 15-18.
- Nousala S., Design Institute – Thailand, Bangkok, Invited talk and workshop, funded by the Thai Embassy Finland, “Multi-disciplinary workshop methodologies”, September 2013.
- Nousala S, Keynote, “Why is Knowledge like and Iceberg?” 16th World Multi-Conference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics: WMSCI 2012, Plenary Session, July 16th – 20th, 2012, Orlando/FL.
- Nousala S, Opening Keynote, “Poly-disciplinary approach in education”, International seminar, Tech de Monterrey, Mexico City, 2012.
- Nousala S, Keynote “Emergence of knowledge-based community action”, Kororoit Institute, International symposium and workshop, Living Spaces for Change: Socio-technical Knowledge of Cities and Regions, 29th February – 2nd March 2012, North Melbourne, Australia.
- Nousala S and Norbert J., Keynote “Knowledge Networks: Between Connecting Islands and Building Clusters”. Keynote address to the 15th World Multi-Conference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics: WMSCI 2011, Plenary Session, July 21st, 2011, Orlando/FL.
- Nousala S., 2010, “Emergent structures and geographical scales: What it means for practical policy application”. Invited talk to the International Symposium on Urban Futures and Human and Ecosystem Wellbeing, UNESCO (United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization) CAS (Chinese Academy of Sciences) SCOPE (Scientific Committee on Problems of the Environment), Shanghai, China, 26-30 October 2010.
- Nousala S., 2010, Keynote, “Emerging living Communities – Scalability of Knowledge Transfer in Complex Systems” Engineering and Technological Innovation: IMEI 2010.
- Nousala S., 2009, Keynote, “Tacit Knowledge Networks: And their implementation in complex organizations” WMSCI 2009 July Orlando USA.
- Nousala S., 2009 “Knowledge networks and autopoiesis: Are they relevant to organizations?” Invited talk – Causality in Complex Systems Workshop (ISC-PIF) 25-27th November Paris France.
- Nousala, S., “Tacit knowledge networks and their implementation in complex organizations”, Ph.D. thesis, School Aero, Mech, Manuf. Engineering, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia, 2006. Available: https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/15614831.pdf